It is a compliment that Barcelona buy Arsenal players, claims Wenger


The 62-year-old also believes that members from his "well-educated" squad suit the playing style of the Spanish club

EPL: Arsene Wenger, West Bromwich  v Arsenal

Arsene Wenger believes it is a compliment that Barcelona see Arsenal players as transfer targets.

For the past two summer transfer windows, Barcelona have signed two Arsenal midfielders in Alex Song, who arrived last month, and Cesc Fabregas, who made his move to the Camp Nou in August 2011.

Wenger claims the interest in his players from Barcelona means his squad are well-educated and that his members from his squad can adapt quickly to the Spanish club's playing style.

"That Barcelona come look and buy our players can be seen as a compliment for us," Wenger told Bein Sport.

"Because it proves that our players are well-educated and also that our players are those that are most relevant to their style of game."

Wenger has also claimed he is in no hurry to sign a new contract with Arsenal with two years remaining on his current deal at the Emirates.

"I have two years to go. What is important for me is Southampton [on Saturday] and I think I have shown my commitment to this club in the past," he added.

"At the moment I am not in the mood to think about the long-term future. We want to do well this season, that's all.

"I am an Arsenal man. I think I have always shown that. I have to consider if I do well or not. If I don't do well, I have to consider my future."

شارك الموضوع

مواضيع ذات صلة